We all know that our skin changes as we get older, which also means your makeup routine should change as well. Barb would like to share 6 makeup tips that work best for us right now.
1. Less is more! Look to embrace your features and accentuate your natural face - you want people to say ‘You look beautiful,’ not ‘Good makeup!’“ So make sure to invest in a good moisturizer. (try Southern Magnolia's firm & facelift rejuvenation cream)
2. The ears, don’t forget them when putting on foundation! Ears are a part of your face, too and are often forgotten. You want your ears to blend in with the rest of your face… so if you have red lobes, don’t forget to lightly sweep your foundation brush over them.
3. Remember to tone down your eye makeup and blush if you are going bold on your lips.
4. Try not wearing mascara on your lower lashes. Applying on your lower lashes can make your eyes look droopy and draw attention to the dark circles.
5. Find a quality lipstick - there is nothing worse than uneven, smeared-looking edge around your lips. So finding a product that doesn’t feather is key. (try Southern Magnolia's vitamin E infused lipstick)
6. Stop stroking blush from mouth to ear; that technique only emphasizes gauntness as we get older. Try this technique instead, for an instant cheek lift appearance, swirl blush ever so slightly higher on the apple of your cheeks.